And here as promised, are my favorite songs of the year. They were upbeat, and catchy and in some cases, throwaway but still enough to garner my attention for over a minute. It’s all over the map. Some will agree. Some will disagree. I admit, there isn’t a lot of rap on this list. I just don’t listen to as much rap as I used to because the beats sound the same now. It’s really sad. But a few made the list that I really really loved. So, enjoy reading my earbudders.
40. Magic – Coldplay
39. Shut Up and Dance – Walk the Moon
38. La La La (Feat. Sam Smith) – Naughty Boy
37. Animals – Maroon 5
36. Fury Oh Fury – Nico Vega
35. No Fear – Common
34. Can’t Do Without You -Caribou. Long intro that’s repetitive, BUT once 1:30 kicks in, it’s all good.
33. Digital Witness – St. Vincent
32. Time of Our Lives (Feat. Ne-Yo) – Pitbull
31. Ghost – Ella Henderson
30. Brill Bruisers – New Pornographers
29. Sugah Daddy – D’Angelo
28. Outside – Foo Fighters
27. Black Rage – Lauryn Hill. Yes, she did make a single. Yes. I wish she’d make an album.
26. Röyksopp and Robyn – Do it Again. God I love Robyn. That is all.
25. Transgender Dysphoria Blues – Against Me!
24. Gogon City (Feat. Jennifer Hudson) – Go All Night
23. You and Me – You + Me
22. Get to You – Antigone Rising
21. Bury our Friends – Sleater-Kinney Thank Buddha they’re back. And they’re good.
20. I Wanna Get Better – Bleachers
19. January 28th – J. Cole – This dude is worth listening to. One of the few …
18. Rather Be – Clean Bandit (this band saddens me because while I LOVE this song, the album was such a major DUD)
17. Habits (Stay High) – Tove Lo
16. Right Now – Mary J. Blige
15. Stay with Me – Sam Smith
14. I Really Don’t Care (Feat. Cher Lloyd) – Demi Lovato
13. Bang Bang – Ariana Grande, Jessie J, and Nicki Minaj
12. Shake it Off/Out of the Woods – Taylor Swift – tie. Sadly she won me over. #popgold
11. Boom Clap – Charli XCX
10. Anagram – Young the Giant
9. Chandelier – Sia
8. Turn Down for What? – DJ Snake and Lil Jon
7. Head Underwater – Jenny Lewis. For the 30 something females like myself, a MUST listen.
6. Two Weeks – FKA Twigs. Beautiful Music Video.
5. All About that Bass – Meghan Trainor
4. Fancy (Feat. Charli XCX) – Iggy Izalea
3. Want it All – Tender Games. Seriously. This album was pretty great.
2. Beyonce’ (Feat. Jay-Z) – Drunk N’ Love – You. Just. Couldn’t. Escape. This. Song.
And my #1 FAVORITE SONG OF 2014
Wait for it…
UPTOWN FUNK (Feat. Bruno Mars) – Mark Ronson
“Don’t believe me just watch.” Hands down one of the funkiest tracks I’ve ever heard. Of course those two should give The Time and Morris Day a shout out for biting their style, but I loved this from the first time I heard it and it was my go to song to make me smile this year. I can’t wait for Mark’s album.
See you all next year. Thanks for reading.
Follow me here if you tumble.. —> www.bondworks.tumblr.com